NJMVC 6 point ID Requirements

You must show at least ONE of the following documents.
 For a NJ ID Card or Drivers License
3 POINT Documents:
Civil marriage certificate issued by the municipality in which you were married. Please note: Photocopies are not accepted. Marriage certificates issued by religious entities are not accepted.
Divorce decree
Court order for a legal name change, signed by a judge or court clerk
Current US military dependent card
US military photo retiree card
NJ firearm purchaser card
2 POINT Documents:
US school photo ID card with transcript or school records
US college photo ID card with transcript
Valid federal, state or local government employee driver license
Valid federal, state or local government employee photo ID card
US military discharge papers (DD214)
FAA pilot license
1 POINT Documents:
Current NJ PHOTO driver license
Current PHOTO driver license from any other state or the District of Columbia
Social Security card
Bank statement or record
ATM card with preprinted name and applicant’s signature. (Please note: An ATM card and bank statement cannot be submitted together.)
Current health insurance card, prescription card or employee ID card with printed pay stub
State professional license
NJ public assistance card with photo (also known as a NJ Social Services ID card)
High school diploma, GED or college diploma
Property tax statement, bill or receipt issued by a New Jersey municipality
For NJ high school students: a waiver certificate for the written portion of the driver’s test
Veterans Affairs universal access photo ID card
You must show at least ONE of the following documents.
Select your document (s) by checking the appropriate box to the left. When finished, press “Next” to continue.
4-POINT Documents:
Civil birth certificate or certified copy from one of the 50 states, District of Columbia or a US territory. Photocopies or certificates from hospitals or religious entities are not accepted. Special notice for married women and others with name changes.
US passport, current or expired less than 3 years
Active US military photo ID card
US Department of State birth certificate (Form FS-545, FS 240 or DS-1350)
US adoption papers
Certificate of naturalization (Form N-550, N-570 or N-578)
Certificate of citizenship (Form N-560, N-561 or N-645)
Current NJ Digital Driver License (Current or expired less than three years)
Valid Non-Driver Digital ID Card

 Proof Of Address
The documents must
show YOUR name and CURRENT


Utility or credit card bill issued in the past
90 days.
Checking or savings account
statement from the past 60 days.
High school or college report
card/transcript from the past two years.
Original lease/rental
Property tax bill, statement or
receipt from the past year.
Mail received from the IRS or
state tax office in the last year.
First-class mail received from
any government agency in the past six months.
If you’re under 18 and don’t
have proof of address, then we will accept a Parent or
Guardian Certification that verifies you’re living with a
parent or guardian.


Author: njpaipinsurancecom

NJPAIP & NJCAIP Certified Priducers for decades.